Hello Everyone!
You may be relieved (or deeply saddened depending on who you are...) to know that I have actually NOT fallen off the face of the earth! :) May I just say that my life these past few months has been much like riding a roller coaster in the middle of a Tornado!
So here is your latest update of Miss Natalie K.:
May and April were pretty much one giant whirlwind trying to get my office cleaned out and everything ready for my replacement. The Academy of Arts also hosted several events that I floor managed. I have to admit, when that final week came, it hit me like a wave of shock. I could not believe how fast the year had gone.
The last week of May I watched my friends walk across the stage to receive their diplomas. Utter joy filled my heart as I saw all their efforts rewarded. My heart was touched beyond words as one of my heroes publicly gave her blessing for my pursuit of God's will, I don't think she will ever know how much that meant to me. My breath took as the entire audience stood in applause in agreement with her blessing. And then the tears came, as complete and utter wonder filled my heart...to think that God has chosen to use the chiefest of sinners....there are no words to describe that moment of realization. My Savior is worthy of all praise, glory, laud and honor. I am only a tool to be shaped and used in the Masters hand.
As I said goodbye to some of the greatest men and women of God who will ever walk this earth, I praised my God for His goodness and love. What a privilege I have been given to live, learn, and grow in such a ministry! I can honestly say that no matter where God sends me, I will never forget my Academy Family. I am the person I am today because of what I learned from them. Oh how I long for the day when we shall all stand with Christ and rejoice for all He has done through His incredible family!
So, after graduation I attended my last service (for awhile anyway), at Faith Baptist Church. Long Story short...pretty sure I almost flooded the van with my tears on the ride home. I cannot express in words how much I am going to miss that church! God has taught me so many things about Himself through the heart-rendering messages, the spirit-filled music, and the incredible children of God. My heart broke as I said goodbye to my brothers and sisters who I had grown to love so much in the past year.
Monday morning, I left for the GFA family conference at the WILDS in Brevard, NC. (Gospel Fellowship Association is the Mission Board I will be under if the Lord continues to direct me as a Foreign missionary) I was given the blessing of meeting dozens of missionary families who were on furlough and deputation. The magnificent beauty of the campus served as a balm to a emotionally weary spirit. That week I realized that no matter what the origin, culture, or language (including that of the USA) God is my center. His glory is the reason I live and His presence is the atmosphere I live in.
That Saturday after the camp, I traveled back North with my Aunt and and what looked like everything in the state of South Carolina jam packed into the back of her truck. Suddenly, a strange feeling came over me: I was leaving....but this time I was staying home.... I cannot even tell you the rush of emotions that came over me. The most prominent emotion: gratitude. Again, so thankful for all He has and will continue to give to me.
I arrived in Ohio on Sunday evening. Again, all I could feel was gratitude and joy as I was reunited with my incredible family.
Read
the next post to find out what happened next!
No comments:
Post a Comment