Mom explained that my sin had to be punished by death. The only way to cover my sins was by someone's innocent blood. "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God (Jesus' blood) is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."-Rom. 3:23. Because God loved me, He didn't want me to spend eternity in hell (where death without God leads to). So He sent His only Son, Jesus, to take my punishment. "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."-John 3:16
Jesus suffered a painful, lonely death on a cross for the sins of the entire world.
But, He didn't stay dead! After three days in a borrowed tomb, God raised Jesus back to life! Now He lives in Heaven with God the Father. Jesus promises in His word that He is making a special place for all who accept His gift of salvation. "In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you."-John 14:2
I could hardly contain my joy when my Mom gave me this incredibly Good News. How could anyone love ME that much? I could feel the Holy Spirit knocking, pleading for me to open the door to my heart.
In July of 1995, I knelt beside my bed and asked Jesus to forgive me for all my selfish and prideful ways. I confessed to Him that I believed He took the punishment for my sins and that He was now alive and reigning in Heaven with God.
Now I have victory through Him everyday, in Life and in Death.
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God"-Ephesians 2:8
-one
who has been given much
Luke
12:48b
Read the next post to find out why I chose to right this blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment