Sunday, February 12, 2012

So many pathways...one Guide.

So you all know, that meeting (read previous post) was one very small step to the very long journey that I have ahead of me.

I am realizing that when God says "Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you"- I Peter 5:7. He is actually asking me to take all the things that I love and cherish; all my dreams, plans and wishes--all my cares, and cast them upon Him. To actually give everything over to Him with open palms. He will take care of my life. My God cares for me.

There are many factors and variables that will be coming into play in the next few months. I will do my best to keep you "posted" (forgive the pun).

Here are some of the goals/ decisions that I, with God's grace and wisdom, will be making in the future.

  • Then Mission Agency would like me to receive more education and training before I start deputation-going from church to church to raise the support I need to sustain me while on the mission field. So, finding an affordable program/college, that the board will approve, and is close to home, is number one on my "to-do/prayer" list.
  • In order to pay for the education mentioned above, I will need to find a well paying, close to home job. 
  • In order to obtain a job, I will need to obtain a driver's license (trust me, long story that's really not that interesting) and a car to get me there.
  • During this time, the Mission Board and I will be seeking the Lord's will on the right field for me. Because of all the training I have received at the Academy of Arts Ministries, I feel the Lord wants me to serve in a place where I can minister to the lost through the medium of Sacred Drama. 
  • If all the above factors come together, then we will most likely start to pray about a short-term missions opportunity-most likely 6 months to 1 year.
  • The next step will most likely be deputation
As you can see, lots of steps! However, I know with all my heart that I will not be taking these steps alone. Nor will I ever have to step blindly. My Lord has promised "and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen"-Matt. 28:20b. 

My Father holds my future, He knows the thoughts He thinks towards me. I can do nothing but praise His name for His goodness, His mercy, and His promises that cannot fail. 

As always, prayers are MUCH appreciated!

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end."-Jeremiah 29:11

-one who has been given much
  Luke 12:48b

What's next? Good question! Read the next post to find out!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment