The Logos Theatre produces 10-15 full-scale productions each year. All the productions are Biblically based, portraying the lives and stories of Biblical characters and Missionaries; as well as, patriotic themes and hard issues such as Abortion.
This past year (2011) The Logos Theatre produced the portrayal of Lottie Moon-The Pioneer Missionary to China. As I watched this brave and coragous woman's story come to life, I felt a very familar tugging at my heart.
This tugging came each time I heard a missionary speaker report on the work in a foreign land. I felt the tugging each time I read of the great Commission Christ gave His disciples before He left this earth. "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen."-Matthew 28:19-20
But this time, just like every other time, many idols that had grown in my heart forced me to drown out the tugging and pricking of the Holy Spirit. I could feel myself pulling away from the Lord as I knew I was not truly obeying His will for my life.
About a month later, our church in Taylors was hosting a Missions Conference. Everything inside of me was screaming not to go. I knew conviction was inevitable. But by God's grace, I went. A missionary from the island of Yapp, Micronesia spoke that evening. I have never seen someone so on fire for God and so burdened for the lost.
At one point in his message, he pleaded with each individual to consider the lost and dying world. To this day I promise that man looked straight at me when he spoke these next words. "The people are hungry, and searching. But, there is no one to show them Who it is they hunger for and search after."
At that moment something inside of me broke...my will. I knew God was calling me to answer that plea. I knew it was time to yield to His perfect will for my life.
After many weeks of praying, studying, and receiving wise counsel; the Lord has graciously shown me that His will for my life is to leave the Academy of Arts Ministries in May of 2012. And to then begin a new journey to pursue the foreign mission field.
"And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature."-Mark 16:15
-one who has been given much
Luke
12:48b
Read the next post to find out what the next step is for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment